Wow, I posted this everywhere but my own blog – that’s a pretty good effort, isn’t it?!
So, on Thursday night Michael and I decided we will get married later this year, on November 7th. We have been dwelling too much on the When, Where, How, Who and What for so long that we forgot all about the Why, so we decided to just do it and get it done with!
So as for the details we have so far (and none are confirmed just yet):
- Ceremony – @ the Tasmanian Arboretum
- Reception – @ our local RSL Club (which we are members of and go to often, know the people there, etc.). We won’t be having a sit-down dinner; just finger-food and drinks, which we think allows people to mingle a little more and not have them restricted to talking to people at the one table.
- Celebrant – we’ve decided on Emma for our celebrant, she’s very flexible with the ceremonies and we don’t want anything denominational (but I’d like an element of a Pagan handfasting in there somewhere).
- Dress – I love this dress as it’s so unique, but I need to try some on locally to make sure it’s the right style for me first. Also, I would change the red lace to hot pink (because of course I need to have hot pink as one of my colours!)
- Wedding Party – Michael has asked his brother-in-law to be his Best Man, and his cousin to be his groomsman; I’ve asked my sister to be my Maid-of-Honour, and my best friend to be my bridesmaid. We decided to choose only two people each, as we thought there might be jealousy amongst both friends and family if there were more and someone didn’t get chosen (!).
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses – I have asked my bridal party to wear whatever they feel is suitable, as long as it’s hot pink or close enough. I don’t want them going out and buying a specially-made dress and only being able to wear it the once.
There you go – that’s the plans so far. We haven’t got a photographer or anything yet, and we don’t want one for the whole ceremony or anything – I have a large family so everyone will no doubt be taking lots of photos, so we just want a photographer for after the ceremony to take a couple of professional shots. We’re awaiting a few quotes from photographers before making a decision.
It’s all very exciting and nerve-wracking – I can’t wait!Read More