Posted | 1 Comment
So much for people who you thought were your friends.
Great that you bitch behind my back to my HUSBAND (and you didn’t think he’d tell me?!) and ask why I never contact you any more to go out and do stuff? Well:
1) I’m pregnant so going out drinking is not a fucking option;
2) YOU never call or text me to invite me to go out on your numerous weekend escapades – I think I got MAYBE 5 texts in the last 4 YEARS we’ve been back in Tassie actually inviting me out randomly (i.e. not to birthday parties and stuff, which I will ALWAYS try to get to); and
3) Why would I want to go out with people who constantly bitch behind my back not only about me but many others you call “friends”.
Over the drama, over the shit. We don’t need you in ours or our baby’s life. Sayonara!Read More
Posted | 2 Comments
As a follow-on from my last post, and because it’s too long for a Facebook post, I wanted to record the last couple of days in a post because it was an absolute whirlwind of emotions for me. Warning: This will be long!
On Saturday 19th, at about 7:00pm, I was driving home and started getting some pretty uncomfortable pains in my abdomen. I shrugged it off as indigestion, and went home, straight to bed and thought I’d just try to sleep it off.
Sunday morning and I still wasn’t feeling 100% – the pains in my lower abdomen had gone but around my bellybutton and above was still rather uncomfortable and painful. Again, I shrugged it off and went about my day (in some pain) and it wasn’t till the evening that Michael said, “Maybe you should call the midwives, just to be safe”. I called the antenatal clinic, and they said because I was under 20 weeks with abdomenal pain, I would be taken to emergency. I called my mum, told her, she said to get out to the hospital. I called my dad, he came to pick us up and we went straight out.Read More
Posted | Comments Off
As may now be apparent from my recent posts (all made today but backdated), Michael and I found out some brilliant news on the 11th March…
If you’re friends with me on Facebook, this information will be old news to you, but I completely forgot to update my blog, which bums me out a little bit because this blog is supposed to be about my life, but has sort of gone by the wayside.
Anyway, Baby ‘Peanut’ is currently due on the 15th November 2012, although they will shift that date back and forth.
I first started ‘feeling’ pregnant when the morning sickness struck at about 6 weeks. I was nauseous all day, every day, for about 4 weeks, till about 10 or 11 weeks. It started to ease off around week 12, but even now at 15 weeks (tomorrow) I’m still a little nauseous in the mornings.
Peanut is growing at a great rate, all on track.
My current intentions for this pregnancy, birth and for Peanut, although subject to change depending on how everything goes, of course, are:
- To avoid any unnecessary procedures (
I’ll post about something related to this after this post and link itsee here).
- To find out what we’re having (boy or girl) and make this known to friends and family, but not release our name choices until birth.
- To birth completely naturally, drug-free. This isn’t a view that I’ve taken because I’m some hippy or living in the past or part of this new ‘movement’ to become a completely ‘all-natural’ mama. I just don’t like the idea of a syringe going into my spine, plus some of the health risks to my baby that this can cause.
- To avoid a Caesarean unless completely and absolutely necessary to my baby’s wellbeing. I think this is most mothers’ goal, generally speaking.
- To give birth in water. I have experienced lower back pain for some time and I feel that the water would take the stress off my spine and allow me to focus on the birthing process.
- To breastfeed. Obviously if the case is that my milk just doesn’t come in or I’m not producing enough to sustain my child, I will switch to formula, but right now my intention is to breastfeed as I feel this is the best food for my child.
- To use cloth nappies. This is completely an ecological decision – I feel this comes from my spirituality and wanting to be a steward of the earth. I don’t believe adding disposal nappies to landfill is a great idea. However, I will make the switch if I honestly cannot keep up with the washing!
Probably sounds like a lot of expectations, but I’ve been doing a lot of reading and have been forming my own opinion and thoughts about what I want to do.
I don’t really know what more to say except to keep you all updated on progress! No belly shots will be posted publically until I actually start showing (I have been taking some for my own records though)!Read More